According to a new research study conducted by the Advertising Specialty Institute, among business people over age 21, revealed that promotional products beat out all forms of TV, radio and print advertising as the most cost-effective advertising medium available. The average cost-per-impression (CPI) of a promotional product item is $0.004, making it less expensive per impression than nearly any other media. According to Nielsen Media data, says the report, the CPI for a national magazine ad is $0.033; a newspaper ad is $0.0129; a prime time TV ad is $0.019; a cable TV ad is $0.007; a syndicated TV ad is $0.006; and a spot radio ad is $0.005.
Among key findings, results indicate that:
- 84% of people remember the advertiser on a promotional product they receive
- 42% have a more favorable impression of an advertiser after receiving a promotional product
- 24% indicate that they are more likely to do business with an advertiser on promotional products they receive
- 62% of respondents have done business with the advertiser on a product after receiving it
- Writing instruments are the most commonly-owned promotional product, followed by shirts, caps and bags.
- 81% of all promotional products were kept because they were considered useful. Additional findings included:
- More than three-quarters of respondents have had their items for about seven months
- Bags were reported to be used most frequently, with respondents indicating that they use their bags on average nine times per month
- Bags deliver the most impressions, with 1,038 impressions per month on average Number of Impressions Per Month
The Advertising Specialty Institute concludes that "... this research advises marketers and business owners to invest in promotional products now more than ever... Promotional product provide measurable results for a... reasonable investment... (and) are gifts that break through the information clutter, reach consumers on a personal level, and provide real impact in a creative way."
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you and enjoy browsing!